Boost Your Self-Esteem In Difficult Times…
“When you’re different, sometimes you don’t see the millions of people who accept you for what you are. All you notice is the person who doesn’t.” – Jodi Picoult
Trying to boost your self-esteem when things are going on smoothly in your life can be somewhat tough. However, when you have to deal with a difficult period in your life, boosting your self esteem is the last thing on your mind.
As each of us follow different paths through life, it is impossible to pinpoint exactly what causes low self-esteem for everyone. However, there are certain stressful issues of life that play major roles in our self esteem. Issues such as job loss, broken relationships, or sickness can lower our self-esteem.
During difficult times in our lives we are more inclined to blame ourselves and also feel that, if we were a better person such things would not have happened in the first place. What a wrong notion! Meanwhile, a rational thinker will realise that this is untrue, although during our trying times, it can be struggle to feel good about ourselves!
Below are some simple strategies you can use to boost your self-esteem during difficult times:
- Concentrate on the positive.
There is no denying that sometimes the unpleasant negative things can crop up in our lives, but this should not be what you focus on. There is a saying that: “Things could be worse.” Concentrate on the positive, good things in your life and be grateful for them.
- Focus more on things that are positive and special in your life such as a wonderful spouse, well mannered children and a beautiful peaceful home.
- When you concentrate more on the positive things, you will come to a realisation that those good things would not have been possible without you. This will give you a sense of self worth and in a way make you feel better about your current situation.
- You need to realise that a number of people are looking up to you as you are a positive influence in their lives. Realistically, we all have to deal with trying times in our lives; it’s all part of maturing and growing. Always bear in mind that “this too shall pass” keep your chin up and go through your difficult times with grace.
- Create time for you.
Difficult times always come with a level of stress which is not going to help you if you already have feelings of low self-esteem. The last person that always come to mind during trying and stressful period is always YOU! You therefore have to consciously make the decision to take time out for by far the most important person in your life: YOU.
- Amongst all the chaos that may be going on, find some time for you to unwind and put yourself together. It will by all means do amazing things on your mindset! Create the time to do something that you thoroughly take pleasure in doing. It may be by yourself or with family or perhaps a trustworthy pal – whatsoever relaxes you the most.
- Read a book or magazine, have a bubble bath, bake some cakes or cookies, or sing and have a good dance around your house to your favourite music. Whatever can alleviate some of that feeling of stress can certainly make a huge difference.
- Believe that things are certain to get much better.
It’s very amazing how powerful our mind is. Whenever you find yourself in a situation that looks hopeless, know that you have the power to change that situation either for good or even worse. Simply by tapping into the power of the mind and believing that things can and definitely will improve, the chances of you improving the circumstance are greatest. If you thin negatively, it will of course get worse.
- Knowing that issues will improve could also help you really feel much more self-confident. You will begin to feel more positive as you can now see the light at the end of the tunnel helping you head towards the right direction. Your self-esteem will also improve greatly.
Life occasionally presents us with challenging circumstances that we’re not well prepared to handle. In the course of these trying times, you will have to deliberately refocus your emotions, from the negative and towards the positive. When you refuse to focus on the negative, your self-esteem is going to be heightened, as well as your belief of a far better effect.
When you are able see a light at the end of the tunnel, things don’t appear to be as dark. Start using these simple strategies to help boost your self esteem during trying times as you uncover your light and begin feeing much better about yourself.
If you want more information about how to boost your self-esteem, Dr Joe Rubino has created a fantastic programme called The Ultimate Self-Esteem Formula. The programme has helped so many people to develop high self esteem and be their very best. The Ultimate Self-Esteem Formula is a programme based on 20 years of research, coaching experience and practical implementation in order for individuals to achieve optimal self-esteem and live a more happier and successful life.
To learn more about how to boost your self-estem with The Ultimate Self-Esteem , click this link ==>>The Ultimate Self Esteem Formula