13 Ways To Say “Thank You”.
“One who shows gratitude for yesterdays kind gesture, will surely receive another kind gesture.”
– African Proverb
Naturally, humans are motivated by praise and quite rightly most people would work harder if their contributions were recognized; everyone wants to feel appreciated. Therefore, saying “thank you” is not just a social nicety, but it actually boosts outcome. No wonder it is one of the most formidable phrases in the English language.
“Thank you” has the power to make someone’s day. When you fail to show someone that you appreciate their kind gesture, while most people are not bothered there are quite a number of people that would feel let down by your lack of show of gratitude. Most times, we don’t say “thank you” because we missed the key opportunity to do so. Meanwhile, it’s not always about what you didn’t say… because action does speak louder than voice. An act of gratitude goes a very long way!
Recommended Post: Uncover the Mysterious Meaning and Power of Body Language
Whenever you want to go the extra mile to show your gratitude, try one of these 13 ways to say “thank you.”
- Smile. Express your gratitude with a smile and the other person will almost always smile back. If that person is having a bad day, a smile could be just the thing that turns their day around.
- Send a note. If you’re shy, you may find it easier to express yourself in writing. If writing intimidates you, simply write a short note expressing your gratitude. Your heartfelt words will mean more to the recipient than the most beautiful prose or poetry.
- Buy a unique gift. Look for a small item that you can give as a token of your appreciation. If you’re unsure of what to get, try buying them coffee or sending them chocolates. You can also ask their friends for ideas.
- Invite them out. Say “thank you” with a dinner or time together doing something fun that you both enjoy.
- Share your story. Brag to others about what someone has done for you. They’ll likely hear about how highly you’re speaking of them. Better yet, brag about them to others in front of them. This will improve their reputation and their confidence at the same time.
- Offer a favor. Let the person choose what kind of favor they’d like from you. A small favor can often help someone out in a big way.
- Buy them a ticket to an event. Find a local concert or show that they would enjoy and buy them tickets.
- Contribute to a charity. Find out what your recipient is passionate about and then make a donation to an appropriate charity in their name.
- Add a personal touch. Say “thank you” with a homemade gift. The person will recognize your thoughtfulness and appreciate the gesture. You can hand craft a card or make a photo slideshow. Create something sentimental that truly shows your appreciation.
- Phone call. Sometimes a simple phone call is all you need to get your message across. In addition to a phone call to say “thank you,” call on a regular basis to see how they’re doing. Offer your friendship.
- Give them a “Gift of the Month.” For someone who’s always doing nice things for you, consider a gift subscription to their favorite magazine. You can also prepay for a subscription to a “book of the month” club that features books that interest them.
- Give a gift certificate. If you’re having trouble figuring out the perfect thank you gift, consider a gift certificate to a local mall or online store that sells a variety of different merchandise. That way, they’re sure to get something they like.
- Bake some cookies. If you love to bake, your talents can be a sweet way to show your gratitude. Everyone appreciate delicious, homemade desserts.
Recommended Post: Tips on How to Command the Respect of Others
Ways of saying “thank you” can never be exhausted; the only limit is your imagination. When you go the extra mile to show someone you’re genuinely grateful, the gesture will be remembered for a long time to come. Showing appreciation plays a significant role in strengthen a significant relationships.
Now, over to you… do you have other ways of saying “thank you” to someone special in a meaningful way? Share your thoughts with us in the comment box below.
If you have enjoyed this post, please do share the love – leave your comment below and share this post. I love you all!!Are you looking for other ways of showing your gratitude to someone who has shown you kindness?…Click To TweetPowered By CoSchedule
Never Miss Another Post…Subscribe For Our Regular Dose of Inspiration!