Differences between the Rich and the Poor
Virtually every one of us wants to be rich, unfortunately only few are. The question is… ”Why is it that very few people possess real wealth, even though we all desire it? Surely, there must be some fundamental differences between the rich and the poor that can account for the differing levels of success.
The rich usually seem capable of creating remarkable things in their lives. And many with less money appear to be stuck. You wouldn’t be alone if you concluded that this is due to some difference in abilities or work ethic. However, if you look closely at the rich people you know, you’ll likely find that most aren’t particularly lucky, intelligent, or hardworking.
So, what is it that the rich know but the poor don’t know?
Let’s examine some of the actual fundamental differences between the rich and the poor:
1. Rich people attempt to create a specific life for themselves; poor people believe they have no control. If you don’t believe you can create the life you desire, why would you even try? But if you can envision what you want, you stand a chance to get it.
2. Wealthy people dream very big. Tell your poor friends that you want to be a millionaire and see what they say. You’re likely to hear something like this, “No one needs that much money. You can live fine with a lot less than a million dollars.”
- Do you think that a person who says things like this is ever likely to be wealthy? People who are poor always tend to think small. People who are rich dream big.
3. The rich play to win, while the poor play not to lose. This is significant. The rich are quite bold and are always searching for a way to win when money is involved. The poor are too busy worrying about preserving what little they have. They never give themselves the chance to become wealthy.
4. Opportunities vs. obstacles. Those who are wealthy tend to focus on the opportunities and then simply deal with the obstacles as they arise along the way. The poor have a habit of focusing on all the obstacles and fail to see the opportunity behind obstacles.
- Focusing on problems makes it very difficult to find solutions. A problem-oriented mindset also can cause challenges in staying motivated. By keeping your eye on the prize and staying focused on solutions, you’ll find continually moving forward to be much easier.
5. Commitment counts. The rich do an excellent job at staying committed to achieving their goals. The poor are good at dedicating themselves to dreaming about their hopes instead of making goals out of them.
- Although you may have fun thinking about how great it would be to be rich, that’s not going to make your desires happen. Set a goal and then fully commit to it.
6. Peer group matters. We all tend to rise or fall to the level of our peer group. Have you ever noticed that the rich hang out with other rich people? If you ever want to succeed financially, spend time with wealthy people. You’ll be amazed at how your perspective will change when you hear people talking about how they made £2,000+ in a single day. You’ll be able to see how those things you think are impossible are actually possible!
7. The rich constantly learn. You’ll find that wealthy people are usually learning new things, especially in regards to making more money. The poor frequently have an attitude that they already know everything they need to know. The poor find it difficult to invest in bettering themselves. The world is moving and constantly changing.. Don’t stop learning.
If you are looking to improve your financial situations, take heed of all fundamental differences between the rich and the poor noted above as they will help you in developing the habits and attitudes of the rich. It is never too late to start, and you’ll be amazed at how quickly you can turn things around. All it takes is a mental shift and it is only you that can do the shifting. Start today and change your financial life forever![Tweet “Have you ever wondered why the rich get richer and poor poorer? Discover the differences between the rich and the poor and how you too can become rich”]