Pursuing Goals For Greater Fulfillment:
Definition of Rat Race – “a way of life in which people are caught up in a fiercely competitive struggle for wealth or power.”
Just like everyone else, you are in all probability striving for SUCCESS and sometimes life looks like an uphill battle. You try so hard and just as you think SUCCESS is within your reach, there’s a huge mountain to climb!
The world will make you believe that…
It is only those who fight the hardest that will reach their goals. This has come to be known as the “rat race” …with individuals rushing here and there hoping they win.
I love the way Wikipedia defines rat race…
“A rat race is an endless, self-defeating, or pointless pursuit. … No matter what you do in the rat race, success is not certain but if you do nothing, failure is.”
If you are regular on the social media network, you’ll agree with me that the definition is quite accurate as there seems to be a certain standard as to what is an acceptable measure of SUCCESS.
Now, think about it…
Don’t you think it’s time to take a step back from the rat race, ignore what the world is saying, and pursue goals based on what’s important to you – not someone else? The only way you can create and maintain success is when you pursue your passion, that which is close to your heart – your life purpose. Fulfillment comes with doing something you are passionate about and usually it involves giving to humanity using your gifts.
These ideas below, will assist you if you’re ready to start aligning your actions with your own goals:
1. Set meaningful goals.
Aim to achieve things that will bring you personal satisfaction. You are more likely to go all out to achieve goals you set yourself than one set by someone else.
- What would make you happy? Is it something you can realistically achieve?
- Set smaller goals that lead up to the larger goal. This will encourage you as it will help you feel like you’re making progress as you accomplish each step.
2. Stop comparing yourself to others.
It’s extremely difficult to successfully compare your situation to somebody else’s. No two lives are exactly the same – not even identical twins! As a substitute, evaluate your current life and see how close it aligns to the life you want to live. Then, work on the areas that may be lacking based on your personal standards.
- Are you pushing yourself hard enough? Are you doing whatever it takes to achieve your goals?
- Comparing your situation to somebody else’s isn’t productive for either of you. The other person is busy enjoying their life, while you’re beating yourself up because your life is different from theirs.
3. Live your truth.
It doesn’t matter if your college friends are all married with kids. That doesn’t mean you should be living the same way! It simply means that your timing is different.
- Take a moment to consider what you’ve done that your friends haven’t. Each person’s plan is unique.
- Take a relaxed approach to achieving your goals. As long as you put in the work, it will happen. Believe in yourself and your goals.
Avoid getting involved in a business simply because everyone is making it big! Follow your passion and you will find a lasting success without sweat.
4. Find happiness in simplicity.
Some of the greatest joys in life are the simple ones. Yet, it’s easy to overlook their impact. Instead of striving for complex victories, start with the simple ones. You’d be surprised at how happy they can make you.
- Maybe you love going out for ice cream on a Sunday afternoon. As trivial as it sounds, this may bring you more happiness than buying a brand name handbag! (Yes I love bags! 😉 )
- The absence of complexity often leads to a stress-free existence. You might think you want a vacation home and a portfolio full of great investments. But, it’s okay if those things aren’t in your life because you can avoid the added pressure of having them.
It’s unlikely you’ll ever be truly happy if you continue competing in the rat race. At the end of the day, happiness is what you’re aiming for. Forget about competing against the world. Instead, compete against yourself. Push yourself to do more. You’ll soon realize that you can achieve more success than you ever imagined.
Understanding and knowing your life purpose as well as incorporating it in all the things that you do is the key to a great fulfillment. This will provide you a meaningful compass in which you gain direction and guide in your life. If you’re looking to transition from running the rat race into a new path of your life, knowing your purpose in life can help you achieve great SUCCESS, then CLICK HERE.[Tweet “Do you often feel like you work so hard but have nothing to show for it, like you are just going round in circle? You are in a Rat Race, here is how to quit…”]