Power of Body Language ….Body Talks!
As you pursue your life purpose, you will need people around you that truly believe in you and your dreams. Most times, people play “Lip Service”; they say one thing but actually mean the other. There is a saying that “Action speaks louder than voice” …..and truly it does!
Can you really tell what people are truly saying with their body? They utter one thing but the body is saying something entirely different about the same issue. One of the best ways of decoding what someone is actually saying is to learn the secret meaning of body language.
Imagine coming out of a job interview or returning home after a first date and been able to tell that all went well….or not; uncovering the mysterious meaning and power of body language can give you a secret edge.
Having said that, you need to be careful, as it is quite easy to misconstrued body language. Every now and then, you will come across certain people with actions or posture habits that disguise what they’re really saying. But by remaining alert and observant you’ll fair better than most!
Below are a number of issues you need to keep an eye out in order to gain the upper hand:
1. Be conscious of how they’re speaking.
Positive ways of communication often comprise of speaking at the same tone and the same tempo of speech that you are using. It is also a positive sign when someone can share a laugh with you and truly have a sincere and inviting sound to their voice.
- On the other side, negative ways of speaking involve speaking a lot louder, softer, faster, or slower than you. If their voice sounds unsteady or quivering, they might not mean exactly what they’re saying to you aloud.
2. Notice what they’re wearing.
People who are truly interested do their best to make a long lasting and positive impression. Their clothing will usually be neat and tidy and their hair will be groomed as well.
- Someone who isn’t interested will often appear unkempt because they don’t really care about the impression they will leave behind with you.
- The old saying, “Dress for success,” is a simple way to remember that people do judge others by their appearance. Whether it’s right or wrong, it happens. If you were hiring a salesperson for your company, would you want the person who’s friendly and dressed in a suit or someone who looks like he just rolled out of bed?
3. Are they interacting with you in a positive way?
When people relate positively with you, they may express body language signals that show it. They may look at your eyes while speaking, lean towards you, or touch you gently to accentuate a point.
- Be mindful of some cultures where looking at people’s eyes is just not the norm; however, through their postures, facial expression and tone of voice you can always deduce where you stand with them.
4. Do they appear uninterested or distracted?
Negative signals include looking away when they should be listening, crossing their arms, constant fidgeting or tapping their foot, clearing their throat, or yawning. This may be a sign of distrust, anger, frustration, boredom, or a lack of self-confidence.
5. Practice people watching.
The best way to learn more about body language is to spend some time observing people. By becoming more aware of the way others react to certain situations, you’ll be better equipped to communicate effectively.
- Every one of us have our own quiet signals that we display during different times. A great way to become more in tune with these signals is to take the time to make people watching a hobby.
- Become observant. Whether in the supermarket, church, or at the mall, watch the way people display their secret signals. It will greatly help you in making sense of body language in your own personal situations.
Uncovering the power and meaning of body language is a vital way of figuring out what people are truly saying. It can also help you build positive and long-lasting relationships that you need in order to fully live and enjoy living your life purpose.
Applying the above tips, will assist you in discovering the true secret meaning behind body language and become skilled in communicating with others.
If you have enjoyed this post….be a star leave a comment and share!