Path to Inner Peace
I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.” John 16.33
Just as the above bible quotation implies, for as long as you and I live in this world, we are not immune to upheavals. There will always be trouble …a death in the family or someone you know, job insecurity, health issues, relationship breakdown, wars, etc. Moreover, we live in a world that’s “always in a rush”; a way of life that can easily make it quite challenging to establish and maintain feelings of inner peace especially when your emotions are all over the place.
However, if you know the source of peace and you’re able to work in line, you can cultivate a calm life that’s free of petty-mindedness and chaos. You may argue that it is easier said than done, but believe me, there’s always a way out of every situation you may find yourself. If right now you’re struggling with depression, heartache, relationship uphill and other stress-related challenges that leaves you with a feeling like you have “weight of the world” on your shoulders, well, …the weight is not for you to carry you’re to enjoy inner peace and live a life of bliss. So, cast your foes upon the One who has shoulders that are big enough to carry the burden for you!
Having cast your burdens, the following ideas and strategies will help you in maintaining your inner peace …paving your road to serenity:
1. Understand that your life matters. Irrespective of whom you are, you are as important as the next person you see or can think of. To put a balance to it by flipping the coin…you are also as insignificant as the next guy. Being able to understand this concept will help you greatly in living an impervious life.
2. Don’t judge others. Clearly, it is human nature sometimes let go of the internal judge, however, some things are best overlooked for our own good. Whenever you notice things that you detest about others, talking about those issues and giving too much attention to things that are out of your control is a huge waste of your emotional resources.
3. Pay attention to the positives in your life. It so easy to dwell on things that are not going the way they ought to in your life and worrying about them. However, by taking a deeper look at your life, you will be amazed about how many positive things you have going on. Maybe you have a great spouse, healthy kids, and a job that helps you live the lifestyle you want. Not many people can boost about that, therefore, focus more on them because you are indeed rich by many standards!
4. Find the “holes” in your life and plug them. If you have unhealthy habits or friends that constantly drain your energy, you need to eliminate. All you do is target them one at a time, and change or rid of them completely.
- For instance, perhaps you’ve always say to yourself…“I’d have the greatest life ever if I could only [fill in the blank].” Then, figure out a way to achieve what’s lacking or alter how you see situations you’re unable to control.
5. Know success is your birthright. Success is a personal journey, what I consider to be success may not necessarily be of interest to you. Therefore, forget about keeping up with your co-workers, neighbours, or close friends …you’re not on the same journey. What do you think reflects success for you? Live by and maintain your own standards.
6. Be kind to others. I’m probably beginning to sound like I’m taking you back to the kindergarten, but it’s very important to be kind to those around you. Life often sweeps us away to the point that we’re so intent on accomplishing our goals that we lose sight of the fact that we’re all here together. Make time for small gestures of kindness to uplift those around you. Hold the door open for the person behind you, smile at people, say thank you more and be quick to say sorry.
7. Seek spiritual guidance and support. We are spirit beings and you cannot continue to feed your physical body and starve your spirit with the hope of a successful life. Visit various houses of worship until you find something that feels right to you; serve and share your gifts with others. You’ll know it when you experience it.
God, the source of peace is on call 24 hours a day, every day. He is always ready to listen and respond to you. You never get voice mail when you call God. Never! If you’re not already connected to Him, the source of inner peace, it’s time you woke up to that fact and get started with taking advantage of it! Set aside special time to pray and commune with God every day. He listens and He speaks. Invest an hour or two a day to communicate with Him and watch how everything in your life become well. So make a quality decision to spend time with God every day. I guarantee, when you call out to Him, you will find inner peace!
Finding and maintaining inner peace can be an adventure full of interesting experiences. As long as you are prepared to stop worrying and carrying issues you’re not meant to carry, you’ll be on your way to finding inner peace and you’ll ignite your passion for life.
Here is a very useful resource for you. CLICK HERE===>> Inward Peace Affirmation
[Tweet “There is only one true source of lasting inner peace but various ways of maintaining and enjoying your peace. Discover how to find and maintain inward peace”]