There is no better time than start of a new year to decide to make some necessary changes in your life if you truly want to live your passion. When you are living your passion, you genuinely feel contended with your life – things just begin to work out for you and your are truly happy. It’s time to get to know your authentic self, create new road-maps for your life and find true happiness and joy in your life. What adjustments do you need to make? You basically have to ignite your passion and experience a more vibrant existence by making changes now.
To set off living your passion, the strategies below will help you as you begin making changes:
1. Pay more attention to your WELL-BEING
Revitalize by regularly eating well-balanced diet, exercising consistently and ensuring you get proper night sleep. Look after your teeth, hair, and skin as when you start feeling more beautiful, you’ll boost your self-esteem.
- Allow yourself to get excited about the changes you’re making regarding your body and overall health.
2. Read more
If you love reading like I do, you should have no problem with this strategy. If you are not that keen on reading, you are in luck as there are various audio books that you can acquire and listen to. There’s just something about holding a good book in your hand…. I can understand you may prefer other activities to reading, but believe me reading is a fantastic pastime that expands your mind in a lot of ways. Start by reading about topics you enjoy or want to learn more about.
- If you love to travel, read travel guides and stories set in the places you’d like to visit.
- If you adore your dog, read about the breed, dog training techniques, and how to care for your pooch’s health.
- Expanding your intellectual horizons will help you become a more interesting person to be around as you will always have plenty of things to converse about with others.
3. Have a date with the love of your life weekly.
It’s a well-known fact that going out on a date with that special person enhances your closeness and makes your relationship stronger. They also add an element of fun to your partnership. If you don’t have that special person in your life now, go out with your close friends ….a close relative, your children… just go and have fun and have a laugh!
- Whether it’s a Tuesday evening pizza and movie at home or a Saturday night dinner followed by dancing, spend special time each week with your partner or close friends. Ignite the fires of passion and change your lives for the better.
4. Set priorities and keep them straight.
If you are not used to setting priorities this is a very good skill you need to develop and it will greatly help you in decision makings. For instance, if your priorities are family, works, and self, ensure you take into consideration each of them when you are making decisions. The bottom line is to be aware of your priorities.
- Start this year by behaving in such a way that demonstrates your priorities.Stay focus on those things and people who are important to you throughout the entire year.
- When your lifestyle complements your priorities, you will be more passionate about what you are doing in your own home, at work, as well as on your own.
5. Do something you have never done before.
Absolutely nothing gets the juices flowing like participating in a new activity. It could be that ten-day vacation to Europe that you’ve always wanted to take or maybe it’s about you finally moving into those new condos with the fitness center and swimming pool area?
- Maybe your brand-new experience will be something you have wished to do for many years or perhaps it is something that you’ve just made a decision to explore. Whatever it is, make sure you take all necessary steps and just do it!
6. Put your best foot forward at your workplace.
If you have reached the point in your career or business venture where maybe you are now always bored with it, unless you have another job to move on to, it really is your responsibility to spice things up. Make an effort to do well at your job or your business this year. Invest in a business coach or volunteer for that new project at work. Take on that undesirable task that nobody really wants to do but needs doing, or simply just increase your efforts each day.
- Skip the gossip sessions at the water cooler or in the rest rooms. Gossips will not add value to your life. It’s a nasty seed that once sown into your life, it has the potential to drain you of energy. Offer extra assistance to your boss when she appears like she could use it.
- Document your initiatives so when the opportunity for any promotion arises, you can then step up. Be confident and let the boss know why you’re the very best person for the position.
You must do everything you can to live your best life, starting from now. When you make that conscious decision to live your passion, you’ll soon notice that you are feeling much more vibrant, interested, and passionate in every aspect of your way of life.
Here is wishing you a very Happy New year!