If you struggle with self-doubt, know that it is a very human emotion that it is quite common with a lot people. Many have struggled with it all their lives and it is particularly made worse for some people because of their life experiences or disposition. Although quite common, self-doubt is a very negative emotion that often makes the individuals feel alone.
At times you think you’re the only person who suffers from a crisis of confidence, and you wish that you could be more like your successful, self-assured peers when presenting your ideas. Well, believe me… your peers have their own doubts every now and then too!
Doubting yourself creates a host of unfavorable circumstances in your life. It also holds you back and stops you from living up to your full potential. New doors of opportunities open up with every new day but you end up missing out on opportunities because you feel like you’re lacking in some way. It’s time you stop settling for less and start sizzling.
Self-doubt is notably rampant in the presence of peers. Often times, just the presence of your peers challenge your self-belief – you feel like they’re ahead, even though you’re on the same level. It’s important to realize that you’re just as deserving as anybody else.
Self-doubt will always come and you won’t ever be able to totally get rid of it. However, you can develop the confidence that will help you overcome self-doubt whenever the dark thoughts are all around you – especially when sharing your ideas with others.
Whatever stage you are in your life or whatever position you hold at work, in your business or academically, by keeping the concepts below in mind, it will help you overcome self-doubt as you will begin to feel more confident in the presence of peers:
1. You did the work.
Take a moment and remind yourself about how much work you’ve done and how much effort it has taken to get to where you are.
- Whether it’s getting through school or putting in years as a junior staff member, you’ve done it yourself. You’ve worked your way to the top. Think back to all the obstacles you had to overcome to reach where you are today.
- It wasn’t easy, but it was worth it. And that’s why you’re worth every success that comes your way! Avoid shortchanging the work you put in.
2. You’ve been validated.
The people at the top have validated you. They’ve told you that the work you put in qualifies you for your current status. Why are you questioning that?
- If you have a college degree, then the experts in your area of study have confirmed that you’re knowledgeable in your field. Your degree shows that you’re good at what you do, and you can walk through life with confidence.
- Perhaps you received a promotion at work. Your boss acknowledged the quality of your work and rewarded you. Embrace the opportunity!
3. Your track record speaks for itself.
Look back and assess the path you’ve taken and the successes you’ve had along the way. You probably have an impressive track record. Now if only you could see it!
- Consider how many people after you may benefit from your achievements. That’s nothing to take lightly! You’re a game-changer, even if you don’t realize it.
4. You’re deserving of goodness.
If not you, who else? That spotlight is just as much yours as it is anybody else’s. We’re all created equal from the perspective of human existence. So embrace all the good things that are yours.
- Use some of the time you spend praising others to praise yourself.
- Avoid feeling guilty about speaking up for yourself. Your voice ought to be heard. You’re validated by your experience, expertise, and education. Have self-confidence and shine.
Today’s the day. Open your window and toss self-doubt out of your life. You’ll realize how quickly new opportunities present themselves when you make room for them. Take control and show your peers that you’re just as worthy as they are. The world is waiting to hear ideas…go ahead put self-doubt behind and present your ideas!
Be social guys! Please do share the love – leave your comment and share this post. I love you all!![Tweet “Do you always battle with self-doubt? Do you think your ideas are never good enough? Discover powerful concepts and learn how to overcome self-doubt.”] 😀