Living A Life of Purpose Maintains Happiness
Happiness is not something that is ready made or dependent on someone else’s action. By that I mean you do not need somebody to make you happy. Your happiness comes solely from your own actions. When you make up your mind to be always happy, you will always find reason to be happy no matter what is going on around you.
May be you have from time to time found yourself just sitting around wondering what makes the lives of others so great that they seem to be happy more often than not? You’ve probably come to the conclusion that they’ve been dealt a better hand of cards than you, right?
You might be surprised to find out that many people aren’t really happy because of their circumstances, but instead because they make the most of what has been given to them. That happiness you see is probably coming from a deeper inner peace.
How can you acquire that same peace?
Luckily, there are simple everyday activities that lift your mood automatically!
When you do things to elevate your mood, you end up feeling happier and more at peace. This undoubtedly will lead to more happy days.
The ideas below are super effective at helping you get to a happy place, despite your circumstances:
1. Keep yourself busy. Often, you’ll find that your mood clouds up when you allow yourself too much time to sit around and do nothing. Your unoccupied mind will easily drift into a dark place if you let it.
- Instead, keep your mind and body busy so there’s little time to dwell on negatives.
- Take on more responsibility at the office so you don’t have as much down time.
- Get involved in community service so your hours are filled with worthwhile activities.
2. Reminisce about pleasant moments. If you’re honest with yourself, you’ll admit that things haven’t always been like this with your spirit. Surely you’ve had times in the past when people or situations made you happy!
- Take yourself back to thoughts of happy times so the emotions can also return.
- Remember when you graduated? That must have been an uplifting feeling, right?
- How about your best friend’s hen party and the endless laughter you shared?
3. Sing aloud. Choose “feel good” songs that have a positive message. Crank up the radio as loud as your neighbours will allow, and just sing along. Pretty soon, you’ll find yourself dancing to the beat and consuming yourself with the message of the song.
4. Work up a sweat. Exercise is a sure-fire way to release endorphins and trigger a happy mood. When you work up a sweat, your body feels alive and re energized.
- While you’re exercising, focus on the positive things in your life.
- Take a jog around the block with your neighbour a few evenings a week.
- Incorporate chores and other physical activities into your weekend plans.
5. Surround yourself with positive energy. Get together often with friends and family who possess the positivity you’re looking for. Spending time in their presence will help you feel happier more regularly.
It’s important to realize that your happiness is totally dependent on you. You have to make the choice to be happy. Once you’ve acknowledged that you want to take that path to happiness, the activities described above can help you get there much more quickly. Embrace the happy life you’re blessed to live!