10-Day Negative Thinking Fast…
I know Lent 2014 started a few days ago but it’s never too late to join in if you are still indecisive about what to give up. How about a 10-day negative thinking fast? Lent 2014 began on Wednesday, 5 March 2014, and is ending on Thursday, 17 April 2014, so plenty time to get involved!
Now for those that don’t know what the fuss is all about ‘Lent”, allow me to fill you in…
Lent is a solemn religious performance in the calendar of many Christian denominations and normally starts on Ash Wednesday and covers a period of approximately six weeks before Easter Day – about 40 days in total. The traditional purpose of Lent is the preparation of the believer through prayer, penance and repentance of sins, alms-giving, atonement and self-denial.
So, now you can be sure that there are people all over the world who during this period that are denying themselves of something as they observe this religious act. The truth is, you do not have to be a particular religion to take part in this 10-day Negative Thinking Fast. If you have been struggling with negative thinking, there is no better time to rid of it than now. All you need is determination and strong will.
Recommended post: Gateway to Success: Power of Positive Thinking versus Positive Action
Negative thinking steals your joy and peace and if you really want to change your life, there’s a really simple way to do so. Rather than just getting by in life, if you can banish negative thoughts you’ll be amazed at how your life can become admirable by simply focusing your attention more on positive solutions rather than the constraints of the challenges you are going through.
This 10-Day Negative Thinking Fast, was instigated by a spiritual leader called Emmett Fox – an Irish by birth. He was a well-known self-help author and speaker in the early 20th century. If you put your mind into harnessing this 10-Day Negative Thought Fast adventure, you’ll reap many benefits from it. The overall impact on your life will be incredible.
Before you get going below are the rules:
1. To get the full effect of this fasting, you must complete 10 consecutive days. Therefore, if you break any of the other rules, you must start the 10 days over from the beginning. Giving up negative thoughts is a little like giving up a drug; you’ve got to stop using them completely, otherwise you haven’t truly quit.
2. This is a journey you’ve probably never embarked on, consequently there’re bound to be lapses, where you’ll find yourself in that negative thinking arena. Whilst this is expected for the first few days, you cannot focus on a negative thought or remain in a negative emotional state for more than five minutes. Ideally, the time should be much shorter. Five minutes should be plenty of time to recognize what’s going on and put a stop to it. Remember, even one instance of lingering for more than five minutes means starting over.
3. For every problem, challenge etc there’s a solution, so you must focus on solutions. When the negative thoughts start, the idea is to immediately start contemplating possible solutions. Spend your time solving your challenges instead of focusing on them. There’s always a way out… think about it; who can help you, what can you do …?
- If you’re like most people, you’ve probably had the same challenges for quite a while without resolution. It’s time to try something else instead of dwelling on what’s wrong. Think outside the box! There’s a way out.
Be warned! I know this may sound easy, but you may be surprised how difficult it is to give up negativity. Difficult but achievable! For whatever reason (…really don’t know why??), we tend to think that worrying about our situation helps in some way. But you’ve probably been worrying about a lot of things for a long time and they haven’t improved, so what’s the point?
Recommended Post: 7 Deadly Thinking Sins That Can Stop You Enjoying Abundance in Life
When you’re faced with a negative thought (and there will be many!), the best response is to think to yourself, “How can I solve or improve this challenge?” The point is to immediately begin focusing on solutions. When you ask a good question, you’ll receive good answers.
If you have been diligent in the 10-Day Negative Thinking Fast, you will gradually begin to form a habit of immediately recognizing a negative mental state and then focusing on solutions for what you feel negatively about. They say it takes 21 days to make a habit, if you continue the process after the 10 days are completed, you’ll be on your way to developing a permanent habit that will only require a very minimal amount of maintenance.
If you find yourself needing several attempts to complete the full 10 days, don’t let it bother you…. practice makes perfect! It’s all part of the journey to a perfect you and a blissful lifestyle!. It is not uncommon to have numerous slip-ups on day one and then a few others later in the process. Avoid beating yourself up over it. Remember … FOCUS on SOLUTIONS!
To help take my focus away from negative thoughts, I often ask myself some positive questions like the following:
- What is great about today?
- What do I like the most about this?
- What am I most proud of?
- What am I most looking forward to?
- What can I do to help someone today?
The list is endless..
When you fill your mind with positive thoughts, there’s definitely not going to be any room left for any negative stuff. And since we can only consciously think about one thing at a time, you can certainly make the most out of your thoughts… makes sense?
Now, are you ready for this 10-day adventure? Try it and see if it doesn’t change your life. You’ll be so amazed at the results that you’ll never want to go back to the old way of dwelling on the challenges in your life. We all have challengers in our lives, it’s the way positive thinkers handle their challenges that makes people think they’re perfect beings!
So start this process today and change your life for the better… rid yourself of negative thoughts and start thinking positively! Please feel free to come back and share your results here.
If you have enjoyed this post, please do share the love – leave your comment below and share this post. All the best!! 😀
[Tweet “Are you constantly battling negative thoughts? Discover effective 10-day Negative Thinking Fast to help you banish negative thinking patterns.”]